The Sinisterly-Numinous Tradition
1. The Order of Nine Angles (O9A, ONA) is a sinisterly-numinous mystic tradition: it is not now and never was either strictly satanist or strictly Left Hand Path, but uses ‘satanism’ and the LHP as ‘causal forms’; that is, as techniques/experiences/ordeals/challenges (amoral and otherwise) in a decades-long personal anados to engender in the initiate both esoteric, and exoteric, pathei mathos, and which pathei mathos is the beginning of wisdom.
The extreme type of ‘satanism’ advocated by the O9A is – for O9A initiates – only one part of the ‘sinister’ aspect of the sinisterly-numinous tradition: a necessary and novitiate pathei-mathos, a modern ‘rite of passage’.
2. The Order of Nine Angles is a guide to that personal enantiodromia (that internal alchemical change) which can result from a conscious, a deliberate, pathei-mathos: from a practical learning that is and must be (given our unaltered physis – our natural fitrah – as human beings) both ‘sinister’ and ‘numinous’ and both esoteric (occult) and exoteric (exeatic, antinomian).
3. Being O9A – belonging to the O9A – means both (a) using O9A esoteric philosophy, and one or more of its praxises, as guides to achieve that personal enantiodromia, and (b) accepting and living according to the O9A logos, since that logos is the unique perceiveration which differentiates the O9A from other occult groups past and present, and which logos presences the essence, the ethos, of the O9A.
4. The O9A logos is manifest esoterically as a particular physis: that is, is manifest in a particular (pagan) weltanschauung and in a particular personal character.
5. The O9A logos is manifest exoterically in the O9A code of kindred honour. For that code embodies – as living by that code can cultivate in the individual – both a pagan understanding/gnosis and the necessary O9A character.
The Nature Of Reality
Regarding the nature of Reality, the perception and the understanding which initiates of the O9A mystic tradition personally discover via their anados are:
(i) the nexible (the causal-acausal) being of our human physis;
(ii) the potential we as individuals possess to consciously evolve our own individual physis;
(iii) the unity – the mundus, the Being – beyond the apparent opposites of ‘sinister’ and ‘numinous’, of causal/acausal, of masculous/muliebral, a unity indescribable by ordinary language but apprehensible by esoteric languages and a particular manner of living;
(iv) the transient, temporal, nature of all human manufactured causal abstractions and ideations and ideologies;
(v) of an attainable acausal existence beyond our mortal death.
The foundation of the occult (the esoteric) philosophy of the O9A is the axiom of causal-acausal being, with ourselves – by virtue of our consciousness – a nexion (nexus) between causal being and acausal being.
One of the axioms of the occult philosophy of the O9A is that it is only possible to apprehend the realm of the acausal (which realm includes but is not limited to the supernatural) by using our (mostly latent) human faculty of empathy – of empathic wordless knowing – and by developing new faculties, such as ‘acausal-thinking’ and which ‘acausal-thinking’ can be developed by esoteric techniques such as The Star Game consisting of as that three-dimensional ‘game’ does of seven boards – arranged as a septenary Tree of Wyrd – with a total of 308 squares and with 81 pieces per ‘player’.
The three occult praxises – techniques/experiences/ordeals/challenges – of the O9A are the means by which the initiate may consciously acquire the necessary esoteric and exoteric pathei mathos. The three praxises are:
The initiatory hermetic Seven Fold Way.
The Way of the Drecc and the Niner.
The Way of the Rounwytha.
A Labyrinthine Labyrinth
From its beginnings in the early 1970s, the Order of Nine Angles has had, quite intentionally, an inner core obscured by various outer layers. Thus its exoteric, external, appearance does not necessarily reflect its esoteric essence, and which
exoteric appearance serves and has served a particular and practical purpose, as the O9A mythos serves and has served a particular and practical purpose. To access the inner core, an individual has to work their way through the outer layers which, together, form a labyrinth: τὰ κατὰ τὸν Τάγμα των Εννιά Γωνιών ἤτοι ἱστορικῶς ἐκληπτέον ἢ πλασματικῶς καὶ ὑποθετικῶς διὰ τὸ εὐπρόσωπον τοῦ λόγου.
(1) Kything The Order of Nine Angles; (2) Wisdom, Logos, And The Inner O9A; (3) Ontology, Satanism, And The Sinisterly-Numinous Tradition; (4) Complete Guide To The Order Of Nine Angles (Seventh Edition, January 2015).
Part One – The Occult Tradition of The Order of Nine Angles
° Introducing The Order of Nine Angles
° Presencing The O9A
° Perusing The Seven Fold Way – Historical Origins of the Septenary System of the O9A
° The Septenary Anados, and Life After Death, In The Esoteric Philosophy of the O9A
° Dilettantes And The Order of Nine Angles
° Wisdom, Logos, And The Inner O9A
° What Makes The O9A Unique
° Advice For Neophytes Regarding the O9A
° The Esoteric Philosophy of the O9A
° Nine Common Misconceptions About The Order of Nine Angles
° Authority In The Sinister Tradition
° The Authority Of Individual Judgement – Interpretation And Meaning
° The Sinisterly-Numinous
° The Adversarial Praxis and Logos of The Order of Nine Angles
° Originality, Tradition, and The Order of Nine Angles
° The O9A Rite of The Nine Angles
° Explaining The Acausal
° Acausality, The Supernatural, and the O9A
° Some Questions And Answers About the O9A
Part Two – Esoteric Traditions of the O9A
° The Esotericism of The Order of Nine Angles
° The Aural Tradition Of The Order Of Nine Angles
° Esoteric Aural Tradition In The Deofel Quartet
° Some Notes Concerning Language, Chants, and Acausal Entities
° O9A Esoteric Chant Archive
° The Rounwytha Tradition
° Notes On The Rounwytha Way
° Questions From A Modern Rounwytha
° The Dark Arts of the O9A
° Overview Of The Star Game
° The Enigma of the O9A
Part Three – Satanism
° How To Be A Satanist – A Modern Guide To Satanism
° The Satanism Of The O9A In Esoteric Context
° Toward Understanding Satanism
° Discovering Satan
° The Geryne of Satan
° The Culling Texts
° The Error of Egoism: Magian Occultism and the O9A
Appendix – Practical Guides To The Seven Fold Way
° The Requisite ONA
° Enantiodromia – The Sinister Abyssal Nexion
Note: This work includes the two O9A practical guides to the Seven Fold Way: (i) the 981 page The Requisite ONA dealing with the stages up to and including the stage of Internal Adept, which contains all the required texts, including facsimile versions of Naos, The Black Book of Satan, The Grimoire of Baphomet, and the complete Deofel Quintet, and (ii) Enantiodromia – The Sinister Abyssal Nexion which deals with the Passing of The Abyss and the occult Grade beyond the stage of Internal Adept.
A selection of classic Order of Nine Angles texts (in pdf format) dealing with Satanism.
I. How To Be A Satanist – The Modern Guide To Satanism
II. The Geryne Of Satan
III. Towards Understanding Satanism
IV. Ontology, Satanism, And The Sinisterly-Numinous Tradition
V. The Black Book Of Satan – Vintage 1970s Guide To Satanism
VI. Discovering Satan
VII. Satanic Heresy, Part One
VIII. Satanic Letters Volume 1
IX. Satanic Letters Volume 2
Bewraying The O9A
The articles in this compilation of Order of Nine Angles (O9A/ONA) texts divulge in detail the inner esotericism of the O9A, hidden from non-initiates as that esotericism has been, for decades, by the various outer, exoteric (sometimes heretical, sometimes adversarial) ‘causal forms’ and written polemics that the O9A has used to incite, dissuade, intrigue, perplex, annoy, test, recruit, propagandize, and, of course, to ‘presence the dark’.
° Alchemy And The Sinisterly-Numinous Tradition
° Lapis Philosophicus And The Septenary System
° Modern Satanism and The Order of Nine Angles
° The Innovation And Influence Of The Order Of Nine Angles
° Empathy and Aeonic Perspective in the Esoteric Tradition of The Order of Nine Angles
° The Order of Nine Angles: A Précis
° The De-Evolutionary Nature Of Might Is Right
° Culling As Art
° Notes on Phase One and Phase Two
° Diabological Dissent
° Sapphic Sorcery
° Appendix 1 – Losing The Plot
° Appendix 2 – Sunedrion, A Wyrdful Tale
° Appendix 3 – Documenting Plebeian Physis In Modern Occultism
A html version of this Order of Nine Angles text is available here – https://omega9alpha.wordpress.com/lapis-philosophicus-and-the-septenary/
A html version of this Order of Nine Angles text (complete with illustrations) is available here – https://omega9alpha.wordpress.com/alchemy-and-the-o9a/
° A Heretical Satanism
° An Influential Satanism
° Order of Nine Angles Tradition and Innovation
° Satanism And The Sinisterly-Numinous Tradition
° The Occult Philosophy of Anton Long
Part One: Defining Modern Satanism
1. Ontology, Satanism, And The Sinisterly-Numinous Occult Tradition
2. Incitement, Propaganda, and Mythos
3. Beyond The False Dichotomy of LHP and RHP
4. O9A Satanism – A Modern Heresy
5. Satanism Plebeianized
6. Is Satanism Now A Meaningless Term?
Part Two: Selected O9A Texts
7. Notes On The Esoteric Learning Presenced Through Pathei-Mathos
8. An Insider View of The Order of Nine Angles
9. O9A Esotericism – An Initiated Apprehension
10. The Pagan Mysticism of The O9A